After a patient is diagnosed with depression, our dedicated and experienced team of licensed professionals will determine what course of treatment is right for you.
Depression can have one or several specific features, which will be determined during your diagnosis. These can include anxiety, melancholy, seasonal changes, catatonia, and more.
There are also several other disorders that cause depressive symptoms, such as Bipolar I and II, disruptive mood dysregulation, persistent depressive disorder, side effects from recreational drugs, etc.
Treatment for depression and depressive symptoms typically include therapy, medications, or both. In severe cases, a hospital stay or outpatient treatment program may be required until symptoms improve.
If prescribed medication, it is imperative to stick with the treatment plan and follow all medical advice given by your doctor. In addition to your prescription, you may also be given a plan to follow with tasks revolving around self-care. It is important to listen to your body and mind. During the course of treatment, report any concerns to your doctor as soon as they arise.
If therapy is recommended, you will begin talking through your diagnosis with our licensed professionals. Also called psychotherapy, talk therapy, and psychological therapy, therapy can help you:
- Adjust to a recent or past crisis or difficulty
- Identify negative beliefs and behaviors and replace them with healthy, positive ones
- Explore relationships and experiences
- Find healthier ways to cope with issues and problem solve
- Develop strategies to regain a sense of satisfaction and control in your life
- Learn to set realistic goals
- Develop the ability to tolerate and accept distress using healthier behaviors
- Much, much more!
No matter your diagnosis, Dr. Mirhom is equipped with a team of highly compassionate and experienced doctors and licensed professionals to get you feeling like your best self.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact us.